Monday, February 4, 2013

An Introduction to Moi

Hi everyone! So I'm Deirdre, Dee, whatever you think is cooler or easier to say :) I'm a sex educator (not certified yet, though), a student, a community organizer, a politics-brain, and basically I care about everything that has to do with human sexuality and public health. I'm a open, spontaneous queer gal. I identify as a Femme, and a fierce one at that. I'm pretty easygoing unless I get revved up about sex, racism, classism, able-ism, cis-sexism, and more. I want *more* than equal rights. I want for there to be an absence of world government and a fierce social safety net at the same time. I want free health care, unions, free education and my own hand gun. You probably won't enjoy being around me if you're a Republican, a "free market capitalist", a homophobe or if you believe there is such a thing as "virginity." "If you've come here to help me, you're wasting your time. But if you've come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together." — Australian Aboriginal Elder Lilla Watson

1 comment: